We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in caring for, treating, and preventing chronic illness. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from osteoporosis. We are passionate about enhancing awareness, and sharing the best resources with those with osteoporosis
Osteoporosis in the U.S.
- About 54 million Americans have osteoporosis and low bone mass, placing them at increased risk for osteoporosis
- 1 in 2 women and up to one in four men age 50 and older will break a bone due to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is responsible for two million broken bones and $19 billion in related costs every year.
- You should exercise at least 2½ hours every week for strong bones.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|The National Osteoporosis Foundation seeks to prevent osteoporosis and broken bones, promoting strong bones for life and reducing human suffering through programs of public and clinician awareness, education, advocacy and research. NOF is an MFN partner organization.|
Data Sources: https://www.nof.org/patients/what-is-osteoporosis/
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Osteoporosis’:
- Why can’t a person with Osteopenia flex the spine? Regarding the difference between osteoporosis and osteopenia: Basically we must assume that if the person has osteopenia of ...
- Just what are the best exercises for healthy bones? An article just came out last month in the NY Times on The Best Exercises for Healthy Bones. ...
- Bikes and Bones Inspired by the AmGen Tour of California, coming through Santa Cruz, I am thinking about the bone density ...
- Osteoporosis and You Often called the “silent disease,” osteoporosis is approaching epidemic proportions. Twelve million Americans have osteoporosis, and an estimated ...