We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in caring for, treating, and preventing chronic illness. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from osteoporosis. We are passionate about enhancing awareness, and sharing the best resources with those with osteoporosis
Osteoporosis in the U.S.
- About 54 million Americans have osteoporosis and low bone mass, placing them at increased risk for osteoporosis
- 1 in 2 women and up to one in four men age 50 and older will break a bone due to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is responsible for two million broken bones and $19 billion in related costs every year.
- You should exercise at least 2½ hours every week for strong bones.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|The National Osteoporosis Foundation seeks to prevent osteoporosis and broken bones, promoting strong bones for life and reducing human suffering through programs of public and clinician awareness, education, advocacy and research. NOF is an MFN partner organization.|
Data Sources: https://www.nof.org/patients/what-is-osteoporosis/
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Osteoporosis’:
- Exercise for Osteoporosis There are many conditions for which exercise can help. Osteoporosis is one such condition, but due to its ...
- How To Avoid Osteoporosis Strong bones your whole life long will help keep you healthy and active. But how do you get ...
- Training Clients with Osteoporosis For those struggling with chronic medical conditions, exercise can be an often under-utilized way to manage some symptoms ...
- Medical Fitness – A Win for Professional and Patient Medical Fitness is a growing trend in health care. Medical Fitness helps extend basic healthcare from the classic ...