We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in caring for, treating, and preventing chronic illness. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from mental disorders and their caregivers. We are passionate about enhancing awareness, and sharing the best resources with those with mental disorders.
Mental Disease in the U.S.
- One in four adults−approximately 61.5 million Americans experiences mental illness in a given year.
- 13.6 million−live with a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia, major depression or bipolar disorder.
- 14.8 million people−live with major depression.
- 42 million people−live with anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), generalized anxiety disorder and phobias.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need.|
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Mental Disorders’
- Natural Prescription – An Alternative Approach One of the best things we can do for our bodies is to “get out of the way”! ...
- The Benefits of Adding Tai Chi to Your Exercise Regimen “Tai Chi is better than a glass of wine!” The above quote is an actual proclamation from one of ...
- A Beginner’s Guide to Meditation Finding time to relax is a struggle for many. We underestimate our need to unwind and decompress, and ...
- Simple Breathing Exercises for Stress and Anxiety Breathing is one of the bodily functions that you can control on your own with very little effort. ...