We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in caring for, treating, and preventing chronic illness. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from mental disorders and their caregivers. We are passionate about enhancing awareness, and sharing the best resources with those with mental disorders.
Mental Disease in the U.S.
- One in four adults−approximately 61.5 million Americans experiences mental illness in a given year.
- 13.6 million−live with a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia, major depression or bipolar disorder.
- 14.8 million people−live with major depression.
- 42 million people−live with anxiety disorders, such as panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), generalized anxiety disorder and phobias.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need.|
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Mental Disorders’
- Medical Fitness – A Win for Professional and Patient Medical Fitness is a growing trend in health care. Medical Fitness helps extend basic healthcare from the classic ...
- The Pharmacologics of Exercise: Yes, Exercise Is Medicine! It’s been said: “If all the benefits of exercise could be placed in a single pill, it would ...
- Yoga for Mental Health Since yoga has been found to help those with diseases and illnesses like Alzheimers, Arthritis, it’s a given ...
- Sleep and Your Health In the world of exercise and fitness, we constantly talk about nutrition. We are in the stages of ...