We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in helping individuals use fitness and wellness services as a preventative resource. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those wanting to age healthily.
Healthy Aging in the U.S.
- Only 1 in 5 adults meet the 2008 physical activity guidelines.
- 68% of Americans are overweight or obese.
- People who are physically active tend to live longer and have lower risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression, and some cancers.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|Genome is a national consumer magazine that explores the complexity of genomics and personalized medicine along with the associated ethical, social, and legal issues — in a relevant and easy-to-understand manner. Our mission is to explore the world of personalized medicine and the genomic revolution that makes it possible, empowering you to make informed health decisions that will help you live better and longer. Genome offers MFN consumers a free subscription.|
|HealthWell Solutions is a Population Health Management Company which develops and manages customized solutions for all types of employers and healthcare organizations. HealthWell Solutions is an MFN partner organization.|
|PHIT America is a cause and campaign dedicated to increasing physical activity and fitness to improve the health of America. The PHIT American mission is to help Americans to be a more active, playing more sports, and being fit resulting in a more healthy life. While many organizations are focused on nutrition, PHIT America is totally focused on our mission: Help Americans to be a more active, playing more sports, and being fit resulting in a more healthy life. Simply said, PHIT America is a movement to reverse the “inactivity pandemic” which is hurting our country and Americans. PHIT America is an MFN partner organization.|
|The National Association for Health and Fitness (NAHF) is a non-profit organization that exists to improve the quality of life for individuals in the United States through the promotion of physical fitness, sports and healthy lifestyles. NAHF values active living (integrating physical activity into daily lives), community involvement and leadership development for all sectors, quality physical education in our schools, workforce health promotion programs, active-aging programs, and partnerships for a healthier America. NAHF is an MFN business partner.|
|With the cost of healthcare on the rise, every little bit of savings helps. The WellCard Savings program, offered by HealthWell Solutions, helps offset the cost of medical expenses like prescriptions, doctor visits, health screenings and more. WellCard is an MFN partner organization.|
|Part of the National Council on Aging, The Center for Health Aging supports the expansion and sustainability of evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs in the community and online through collaboration with national, state, and community partners. CHA’s goal is to help older adults live longer and healthier lives.|
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Healthy Aging’:
- Healthy Aging: A Paradigm Shift to Personal Responsibility The world today is dedicated to technology, advancing research and the access to unlimited information on all manner ...
- Should You Eat Healthy Everyday? Recently I received a note from a trainer saying “things to be done EVERYDAY, eat healthy everyday…”. As ...
- The Exorbitant Costs of Single-Minded Identity Construct of Old Age When you read the words “young-person” in a sentence, what is the image that comes to mind? What ...
- Fitness New Year’s Resolution Tips The holidays were here and there was plenty of running around and parties to attend. As we said ...