We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in helping individuals use fitness and wellness services as a preventative resource. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those wanting to age healthily.
Healthy Aging in the U.S.
- Only 1 in 5 adults meet the 2008 physical activity guidelines.
- 68% of Americans are overweight or obese.
- People who are physically active tend to live longer and have lower risk for heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression, and some cancers.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|Genome is a national consumer magazine that explores the complexity of genomics and personalized medicine along with the associated ethical, social, and legal issues — in a relevant and easy-to-understand manner. Our mission is to explore the world of personalized medicine and the genomic revolution that makes it possible, empowering you to make informed health decisions that will help you live better and longer. Genome offers MFN consumers a free subscription.|
|Health Promotion Solutions was established to address the need for proven products and nationwide services for all types of employers, retail organizations, insurance companies and various healthcare organizations such as government agencies, hospitals, community groups, sponsors and other organizations within the Health Promotion industry. Health Promotion Solutions is an MFN partner organization.|
|PHIT America is a cause and campaign dedicated to increasing physical activity and fitness to improve the health of America. The PHIT American mission is to help Americans to be a more active, playing more sports, and being fit resulting in a more healthy life. While many organizations are focused on nutrition, PHIT America is totally focused on our mission: Help Americans to be a more active, playing more sports, and being fit resulting in a more healthy life. Simply said, PHIT America is a movement to reverse the “inactivity pandemic” which is hurting our country and Americans. PHIT America is an MFN partner organization.|
|The National Association for Health and Fitness (NAHF) is a non-profit organization that exists to improve the quality of life for individuals in the United States through the promotion of physical fitness, sports and healthy lifestyles. NAHF values active living (integrating physical activity into daily lives), community involvement and leadership development for all sectors, quality physical education in our schools, workforce health promotion programs, active-aging programs, and partnerships for a healthier America. NAHF is an MFN business partner.|
|With the cost of healthcare on the rise, every little bit of savings helps. The WellCard Savings program, offered by Health Promotion Solutions, helps offset the cost of medical expenses like prescriptions, doctor visits, health screenings and more. WellCard is an MFN partner organization.|
|Part of the National Council on Aging, The Center for Health Aging supports the expansion and sustainability of evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs in the community and online through collaboration with national, state, and community partners. CHA’s goal is to help older adults live longer and healthier lives.|
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Healthy Aging’:
- 10 Tips to Succeed in Fitness and Weight Loss Let’s be honest! Getting fit at any age can be a challenge. Each day you’re flooded with new ...
- Training the Older Adult: 3 Keys to Improving Your Effectiveness Training the Older Adult Client We recently completed our first full 3-day training certification of the Integrative Corrective Exercise Instructor™ certificate program. The ...
- Cool Breathing – Why is breathing cool? It keeps us alive! There are several reasons why breathing is important. First, it’s the key to every human being’s survival to ...
- Healthy Aging: Becoming Proactive, Not Reactive Aging begins much earlier than many of us think: our minds and bodies start a slow but steady ...