We are a national team of educated and devoted health and fitness professionals. We specialize in caring for, treating, and preventing chronic illness. We are dedicated to helping improve the quality of life of those suffering from cancer and their caregivers. We are passionate about enhancing awareness, and sharing the best resources with those with cancer.
Cancer in the U.S.
- National Cancer Institute estimates that there are 13.7 million cancer survivors alive as of Jan 1, 2012.
- Over 1.6 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year.
- Three most common cancers in woman are breast, lung and colorectal.
- The World Cancer Research Fund estimates that about 1/4 to 1/3 of new cancer cases will be related to obesity, physical inactivity, and poor nutrition.
Medical & Health Organization Resources
|The Anti-Cancer Club™ is about TAKING CHARGE of your health, even in the face of cancer, providing social connection and information on anti-cancer nutrition and mind/body modalities. Anti-Cancer Club is an MFN partner organization.|
|The Cancer Exercise Training Institute (CETI) was founded by cancer survivor, Andrea Leonard. She has trained thousands of health & fitness professionals worldwide to help people with all types of cancer. CETI offers patients and survivors video resources, informative articles, webinars for cancer patients and family, and an array of products including books and DVDs on cancer recovery and exercise. CETI is an MFN business partner.|
|The Cancer Support Community (CSC) is the largest nonprofit provider of social and emotional support for anyone touched by cancer. Through an affiliate network of over 50 centers, a series of satellite locations, a full suite of online services and a telephone helpline, the CSC network delivers nearly $50 million in services at no cost to patients or their loved ones. The Cancer Support Community is an MFN partner organization.|
|Genome is a national consumer magazine that explores the complexity of genomics and personalized medicine along with the associated ethical, social, and legal issues — in a relevant and easy-to-understand manner. Our mission is to explore the world of personalized medicine and the genomic revolution that makes it possible, empowering you to make informed health decisions that will help you live better and longer. Genome offers MFN consumers a free subscription.|
|The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding research, finding cures and ensuring access to treatments for blood cancer patients. LLS is changing the landscape of cancer with more than 300 active research projects that explore different avenues of new and adventurous research; ones with promise and ones that will save lives not someday, but today. LLS is an MFN partner organization.|
|PatientTalk.com is a health care site website for patients diagnosed with life altering medical conditions, both acute and chronic. This network-quality video site features actual patients and health care professionals sharing vital information about the practical, physical and emotional issues that patients face before, during and after an initial diagnosis. PatientTalk is an MFN partner organization.|
|The Women Survivors Alliance was created to promote the concept of cancer survivorship as it relates to women’s issues beyond the completion of treatment. Survivorship embraces all aspects of a woman’s life – from the physical, financial, job and insurance related issues to self-esteem/self worth concerns and family dynamics. Survivorship is not just the question, ‘what will I wear to work,’ but more importantly ‘what do I want to do with my life and what are the tools I need to get there?’ The Women Survivors Alliance is an MFN partner organization.|
|ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national nonprofit organization with the mission to end prostate cancer. We lead the fight to end the disease by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families. ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an MFN partner organization.|
Recent MFN Articles tagged ‘Cancer’:
- The Cops & Robbers of Cancer One of our favourite games as kids is now one of the most powerful determinants of sickness or ...
- Profiling Cancer’s DNA While vacationing at her son’s Florida home in February 2014, Vita O’Kane found it impossible to enjoy her ...
- The Pharmacologics of Exercise: Yes, Exercise Is Medicine! It’s been said: “If all the benefits of exercise could be placed in a single pill, it would ...
- Natural Defenses With immunotherapy, doctors and researchers are tapping into the body’s natural healing powers and using them — with ...