Welcome to our FAQs! We hope you find what you are looking for. If not, please contact us.
Questions about our network
Is the MFN only for people with chronic medical conditions?
Of course not. Our site is geared toward matching people with health practitioners to suit their needs. If you are simply looking for a well credentialed and enthusiastic professional to help with fitness and general well being, then you have come to the right place. Try our search right now. Have any questions? Just hit the contact me button you find on every profile page. The practitioners in our network will be more than happy to tell you if their skills and qualifications fit your needs.
How are MFN search results organized?
We have invested considerable time and effort to make certain that our search results provides the best results to our users. Like google and most search engines, our search algorithm is proprietary and subject to change any time in order to improve efficiency.
Here are some of the factors that will determine the results you see.
- Location (proximity)
- specified criteria (gender, experience etc., if selected)
- Applicable coursework and expertise
- Profile completion
- Response time (often gathered from other inquiries)
The results you see will have weighted these and several other factors. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!
Questions about Professional Standards
What are the requirements to be a MFN professional?
The requirements vary by profession, and are the generally accepted credentials for that profession. Click HERE for more detailed information on Requirements to be a MFN Professional.
Does the MFN hold our health professional members to a minimum standard of quality and training?
Yes. Through the insight of our advisory board, we have identified a minimum set of requirements for each of our industries. Professionals who apply for membership must meet these minimum requirements of training, certification, and licensure to be eligible for membership. Please CLICK HERE to see this list of minimum requirements.
When completing a membership profile, potential members must include:
- a profile picture of themselves
- contact info
- place of business
- # years experience
- fee range for their services.
Potential members must meet the following requirements:
ALL PROFESSIONALS MUST:
- Maintain current malpractice or professional liability insurance.
- Have at least one certification or related coursework for one or more of the medical conditions MFN sponsors.
Potential members must also meet the following requirements within their industry:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited acupuncture school
- Must have a current acupuncture license in the state they are providing acupuncture
- Must comply with the Continuing Education units needed for their state licensure (ex. in CA 50 hours every 2 yrs), varies per state
- Must maintain CPR/First Aid certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited chiropractic college
- Must meet all current educational units; and have passed Parts I, II, III, IV and Physiotherapy of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE).
- Must have an active license issued from the state(s) in which they practice.
- Must meet all yearly continuing education requirements for the state(s) in which they are licensed to practice.
DIETITIAN or NUTRITIONIST
- Dietitians must be certified as a Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Dietitians must be licensed as such, if practicing in a state that has licensure.
- Nutritionists must hold a bachelors or masters degree in Nutrition from an accredited college/university or hold an advanced certification in Nutrition from a nationally recognized organization.
- Must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in fitness or health related field and or possess a certification from a nationally-recognized certification, NCCA or ANSI/ISO accredited program
- Must maintain a current CPR/AED certification
HEALTH & WELLNESS COACH
- Graduate of an ICHWC-Approved Transition program (After January 2020, must be a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach)
- Completed a health & wellness, lifestyle, weight management certification from aa nationally-recognized fitness certification, NCCA or ANSI/ISO accredited program
- Must have completed 500 hours of massage therapy education
- Must have a current state license/permit or national certification
- Must have successfully completed a professional physical therapy education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in a Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Must have received a bachelors, masters, or doctorate in physical therapy upon graduation
- Must be licensed in the state in which they practice
- Must maintain the required yearly continuing education units for active licensure
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
- Must maintain a current license in the state(s) in which you practice
- Must be in current good standing with your state licensing board(s)
- Must maintain the required continuing education units for active licensure
YOGA THERAPISTS & YOGA INSTRUCTORS
- Must hold current certification from a nationally/internationally recognized yoga therapy organization. (C-IAYT, PYT)
- Yoga Instructors (group and one-on-one)
- Must have 500-hour training certificate from an accredited organization and 2000 teaching hours
- Must have 300 hours of course work in yoga therapy